- Library books and The Rachel Maddow Show. Feels good to be intellectually active again on a consistent basis. I have been drowning in a sea of briefs and policy documents.
- Kindred spirits. I’m slowly learning that uncomfortable situations can blossom into wonderful things, like meeting beautiful kindred spirits. I love watching my SD social circle grow.
- Highlighter Yellow Nike Frees. So loud and so not me, but i’m gon rock it. Look ma, I look like a real runner!
- ComicCon is backkk. It’s the best time to be living downtown.
- Which also led to a #mightykacy spotting on the walk home! She is so tiny and CUTE.
Morning yoga by the beach.
Train ride up the coast.
Picnicking in a cemetery.
Marilyn Monroe on the big screen.
Gorgeous day, lovely friends, great talks and laughs, too much food.
If this is setting the tone for the rest of summer, I am so in ♡
Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.
— Marc and Angel Hack Life (via biggestwhinybabybitch)
Oh, oh, oh. How I needed this ♡
(Source: larmoyante, via hurricane-rising)
Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
— (via itsryannwithtwons)
(Source: quotable-notable, via myradventures)
Unabashed & Imperfect: Routine.
I entered 2014 setting my Resolution Words as Unabashedly and Imperfectly, two concepts I struggle with and feel hold me back. Here is the first in my series attempt to hash it out, become more self-aware, and open up.
- Korea Tumblr Family Reunion in seven days! Looking forward to seeing my beautiful loves <3 lauraallover, myradventures, golfcake, and whoisjing! (When did tumblr develop a tagging feature?)
- The boss is out on vacation for two weeks!
- The office is getting an EZBake oven. This is going to be awesome and horrible.
- The rude, loud-ass neighbors we’ve called the cops on thrice are finally moving out! Here’s to no longer being woken up at 4AM to screaming and punching.
- Galaxy s5 comes out this month - both theboy’s phone and mine are busted beyond repair, so looking forward to the new fancy tech!
Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Lucius Annaeus Seneca